Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Masochist?

A true life story

I watched him come towards me, shaky legs, with a drunken walk. I knew what was coming, so I bent my head.
Then the thumping began.

He hit my head again and again and again. Finally, I turned to face him and got a resounding slap on my face. I looked into his determined eyes, he looked into mine…and smiled – then hit me again.

For some reason, it felt good.


Finally, he stood over me and I saw his mouth, and realised what was coming. I turned away as the spit descended on me. Some of it went into my ear.

I flinched instinctively…

The feeling is hard to describe, but before I got over that he grabbed my ear, gripping firmly. It stung a bit, and then he bit my ear!

Finally, I could take it no more. I turned to him and grabbed him in a close embrace, because despite it all, I love him.

Despite it all, I’d rather have him try his teeth out on me than anyone else.

Despite it all, he is my son.

The adorable little apple of my eye…


*singing: You’re my honey bunch sugar plum…*

No comments:

Post a Comment