Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Free fall...


Ok!
So, I am lying down on the floor with half of my body on the spiral stairs and the other half on the concrete. There is sharp pain shooting out from my elbows, my thigh, my shin, and my thigh to my feet is now wet from the pool of water I am lying down in. 


I just slipped and fell on my way down the stairs.

I think the annoying part is when a friend later said to me “HOW did you fall?”
“Oh, I just thought the stairway looked like an amazing landscape to try out my new-found abilities to fly!”

Or
“I don’t really know. All I can remember was getting into bed and the next thing I know, I am lying down here like a broken rag doll!”

Don’t you just hate it when people ask some weird questions? You are going round the house trying not to get mad because you have lost your car keys, are running out of time for an appointment and then someone comes along and say “Where did you keep them?”
“Ah, I buried them in the garden, but I think a garden gnome had it mistakenly for breakfast”

Duh – or the all-time favourite.
“Oh, it’s raining! Are you going out in the rain?”
“Oh, no, love. I’m going out in the next rain, not this one!”

Argh!

But anyway, I had gone to let in someone at the gate, had worn one of the several slippers (or flip-flops, as they call them in the west!) and did not realise on time that the bottom had worn out. With no experience in surfing, I lost my balance and crashed….hard!

For a split second, I felt my brain trying to make me go into mild shock to help me numb the pain, but was mentally fighting the feeling. I guess the most painful part was my wife wasn’t home and there was no one to cuddle me and make me feel better *sniff* (Yeah, I know I’m spoilt!)

Anyway, couple of hours later, I was done with an amazing photo shoot session, was chewing on some crunchy snacks with the team and was really glad I pulled myself up and got stuff done!

I guess what was reinforced by the experience is: It doesn’t matter how many times or how hard you fall. As long as you get back up on your feet and keep moving on, you’re fine

Have a fab day!

No comments:

Post a Comment