Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Overnight success


"Oh my God!!!" She cried.

I sat down in the back seat watching everyone become excited.

OK, let me go back in time to about an hour before 'now'.

I arrive at a business presentation that is all about certain products with unbelievable benefits and interesting financial prospects. The presentation is carried out by a lady who may not be a professional facilitator, to the trained eye, but she was someone who could talk authoritatively about this business...she had walked the walk.

After the usual power point slides, which had a lot of pictures to keep things really spicy, she goes around and shows a bonus cheque of sixteen million.

Okay, in most parts of the world, sixteen million in any currency is a substantial amount of money. (At this point, the author refrains from calling countries where sixteen million will probably buy you a pair of shoes)

"Oh my God!!" a lady next to me cries and you can almost imagine all the things she will BUY with that amount of money.


Summary is many people sign up to get into the business and in a few months, as most people who get into their own business find out, the strain of starting up ANY business become really daunting.

Two elements cannot be avoided if one will achieve success: TIME and TENACITY.

I'm still on the journey, taking my time and trying to build up a solid foundation.

I am confident that in time, I will get 'there' because I do not have any unrealistic expectations.

Will you?

Someone once said: After fifteen years of preparation, success will happen 'overnight'.

No comments:

Post a Comment