Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dead Time!


After a very hectic day, I was sitting down right in front of my TV, trying to make my ancient PS 2 video game work. Yes, I play video games at my age!

So there I am on the floor, hitting the reset button, hoping that the prehistoric lenses on my video games would read my copy of Pro Evolution Soccer and just allow me indulge myself in a few hours of virtual reality, an apt reward to a stressful day.


Now, to my chagrin, I kept hitting the reset button for aeons and while I was waiting for the usual screen display before the game actually loads (or does not!), I reached out unconsciously and picked up my guitar and started to play.

Believe it or not, I sat down there for about 20 minutes before I finally gave up and slotted in another game, but by that time, I had gotten about 15minutes of good guitar scale practice.
I call time that is considered unproductive dead time: When you sit on the throne…ok, the loo, to be more precise, when you wait in line at the mall, when you rock your drowsy baby who is too tired to be engaged by you, but who will not JUST SLEEP…

LOL!

Funny enough, I learnt guitar finger-picking from playing every time I watched TV since its based on muscle memory, and I find that more people are able to listen to lectures or audio materials while on exercise bikes or waiting in line, read books while they are in the loo, rock their babies while watching Power point slides and so on…

So, get innovative and decide to get more out of your day.

It can be fun and it really pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment